Huzzah! We are gearing up for the 2018 Michigan Renaissance Festival! Take a time-travel adventure into the 16th century at the annual Michigan Renaissance Festival! Join our Queen Elizabeth in a jubilee! Inside our turreted gates, visitors enjoy the sights and sounds of a 17-acre village, complete with building reproductions of Renaissance shops, taverns and a magnificent castle. Continuous entertainment takes place on the streets and on 17 themed stages; featuring full-contact armored jousting, comedy and theater shows, music, games, people-powered rides and so much more! Fabulous food and more than 150 artisans displaying their gallery-quality works complete the experience! THE 2018 FESTIVAL SEASON IS OPEN FROM 10am - 7pm, WEEKENDS ONLY - AUGUST 18th - SEPTEMBER 30th. WE ARE OPEN LABOR DAY AND FESTIVAL FRIDAY, SEPT. 28th.
Featured for 2018:
- The Newest Edition of the Quest: This is a build on the quest that began last year, where patrons will be able to play a part in the Village of Hollygrove, solving puzzles and playing games to win prizes.
- Battle Axe Pub: Test your axe-throwing skills and grab a beer at the newest pub in Hollygrove!
- Everything Unicorn!: Patrons can feed their sweet tooth with Unicorn Cake, Unicorn Ice Cream, and Unicorn Droppings this year. We will also have our Unicorn out every day for pictures and meet and greets.
- Brand New, Revamped Wine Tasting Garden: Patrons can have a chance to try different meads and wines from wineries all over the state of Michigan.
- Brand New Food Items: Patrons will be able to try staples of food from all around the world.
- Beer Stein Holding Championships: The competition will take place once a day each day, with winners invited back to a final championship on the last day of the Festival for a grand prize.
- Celtic Band Blowout Afterparty (August 25): Join us for a free after-hours event with some of the best bands in Hollygrove. There will be live music, food, beer, contests, and games!
- Frankenbunny’s Kegs & Eggs-travaganza (Date TBD): Halloween in Hollygrove is back with an all-new Egg Hunt and Beer Sampling from different beer companies and breweries around the state. Those who purchase tickets can hunt for eggs carrying prizes from candy to cold, hard, cash and then enjoy the evening with beverages, games, and contests.
2018 Theme Weekends and Activities:
- Royal Pet and Ale Fest – August 18 & 19 – Pet Vendors, Pet Rescues, Wiener Dog Races, Pet Costume Contest, Blood Drive, Food Drive, Dock Diving Dogs
- Highland Fling – August 25 & 26 – Highland Heavy Games, Bonnie Knees Competition, Scottish Dancers, Pipe and Drum Bands, Men in Kilts Competition, Blood Drive, Food Drive, After Hours Band Blowout
- High Seas Adventure – September 1, 2, & 3 – Beard Competition, Tattoo Competition, Pirate Costume Contest, Knights on Bikes Discount, Blood Drive, Food Drive
- Wonders of the World – September 8 & 9 – Belly Dancing Championships, Dr. Who Costume Contest, Steampunk Invasion, Steampunk Costume Contest
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans – September 15 & 16 – Irish Heavy Games, Bonnie Knees Competition, Men in Kilts Competition, Pipe and Drum Bands
- Harvest Huzzah – September 22 & 23 – BBQ Festival, BBQ Championships, Archery Competition, Deaf Awareness Weekend
- Festival Friday – September 28 – School Day, Ladies Shopping Day, Masque Ball
- Sweet Endings – September 29 & 30 – Sweet Tooth Festival, Shakespeare Stage Takeover, Fencing Championships, Wedding Wars
- Phantom’s Feast: Friday and Saturday Evenings in October: Those who purchase a ticket can enjoy a two-hour dinner and a musical review production in Hollygrove’s Castle.
Tickets can be purchased online for $20.95 for adults, $12.50 for kids ages 5-12 (Kids under 5 years old are FREE). Season passes are also available for purchase. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit their website.
Get social with Michigan Renaissance Festival on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
You might also like...