When my oldest was just a few years old, I signed up for a Upromise account. I first learned about Upromise in a financial article about saving for college. After learning that Upromise was a free way to save for college with rewards on purchases I make every day, I decided to give it a try. Ever since that day, I’ve loved racking up the cash back and storing it away for my children's college funds.
What is Upromise?
Simply put, Upromise helps families save for college. Since 2000, it has been their mission to make saving for college easier for families. Upromise partners with all the places you are already shopping at, and the restaurants you love, to give their members cash back rewards on their purchases. Rewards which go towards college savings.
Upromise knows saving for college is difficult. Each month Upromise awards five Upromise families with a $529 college scholarship. What a great surprise this is for so many families!
There are so many ways Upromise has made it easy for my family to save for college over the years:
- As parents, we are constantly overwhelmed with expenses. It can be so difficult to store away money for college when we have a need for it right now. With Upromise, my family gets cash back almost every time we spend money: grocery stores, brick and mortar stores, online shopping, even my favorite meal delivery service participates.
- When we go out to a restaurant, I always choose somewhere I know will give us rewards. There’s no reason to go anywhere else. When the bill comes at the end, it helps to know we will be getting a percentage of what we are paying back.
- Upromise rewards can be transferred to a 529 College Savings Plan or a savings account so the money is in your hands, when you need it.
- Grandparents and other family members can contribute to your child’s college savings by having a Upromise account of their own and directing their rewards to your student’s 529 College Savings Plan account or college savings account.
- Have a few extra minutes? Upromise offers surveys their members can take to earn rewards. The surveys are simple and an easy way to save for college when you have some downtime.
- Receive a $5.29 bonus when you sign up and $25 when you link a 529 plan.
Want to really step up your college savings game?
The Upromise credit card applies all cash back to a college fund or college savings account. Visit Upromise.com for the details about how much you can earn and how to apply.
How do I sign up for an account with Upromise?
It’s so simple! Click here, create a username and password, and start saving for college! Receive a $5.29 bonus when you sign up and $25 when you link a 529 plan.
I was provided with compensation for the purpose of this review. As always, opinions are 100% my own.